Friday, May 4, 2012

Things That Are Keeping Me From Keeping Busy!

So I'm doing that thing where you are kind of being productive but you're really not... but I at least have a legit excuse! My grandparents are visiting from out of state so I've been spending time with them. I also had big things like the Avengers and getting super excited for Free Comic Book Day... So I haven't been working on my projects like I should. However I have been keeping up on my Twitter and my Goodreads book clubs! (Vaginal Fantasy and Sword and Laser


Example of my art style. I love to
work with pencil and inks. I got the
inspiration for this from a book on the
Crime Noir art style by Chris Hart.
So far I have my general storyboards mocked up for my graphic novel, however I still need to work out a few hiccups in the actual script/story. (whatever you would call it...) I'm really looking forward to reading "If You Want To Write" by Brenda Ueland, and also "No Plot? No Problem!" by Chris Baty. I'm hoping that I can get some more instruction on plot structure and arcs from those. I also use reading as an excuse to research and improve my writing. As far as the artwork goes, once I get some finished drawings I will post them for some feedback. (Dick Blick I need my Letraset markers! Ship faster dammit!)


Right now I would like to just get something short and simple completed and work my way from there. I would love to do illustrations for comics or graphic novels but I know that would be quite a ways off. However as I mentioned in my Goals post, I am starting small and working my way up. 


Anyways I'm burning the 2am oil here, contrary to my blog which thinks I'm on west coast time. I need to fix that eventually... Until later!


<3 Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment